The Visitor invites young artists across the diocese to complete and then illustrate this sentence: “I unwrap the real gift of Christmas when I …”
Prizes will be awarded to the best entry in each of four grade categories.
The sentence must appear on the front of the sheet with the 8.5-by-11-inch illustration. Parents or teachers of children in grades 1-3 may write/photocopy the sentence on the sheet used for the illustration. Name of artist, address, town, zip code, telephone, grade, parish and parish town must be included on the back of each entry.
Children may use any media to create a vivid, colorful and memorable picture. Hint: strong colors with lots of contrast reproduce better than soft pastels. Artwork becomes the property of The Visitor and will not be returned. Posters must be dropped off at the office or mailed (postmarked by Monday, Dec. 4); they may not be emailed.
Contest Categories: Grades 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12
Entries will be judged on:
1. Originality and artistic ability.
2. How well the artist interprets the theme.
3. How well the artwork will reproduce.
- Prizes: A first prize of $50 will be awarded for one poster in each category. Winning entries will be published in The Visitor’s Christmas edition, Dec. 15.
- Timeline: Postmarked or dropped off by Dec. 4.
Mail to: The Visitor Christmas Contest, P.O. Box 1068, St. Cloud, MN, 56302.
Drop off at: Pastoral Center, 305 7th Ave. N, Suite 206, St. Cloud.